Life changing loaf of bread
Life Changing Loaf of Bread recipe, adapted from Scoop Wholefoods
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
Serves: ~12 slices
1 cup sunflower seeds
½ cup pepitas
½ cup almonds
1½ cups rolled oats or quinoa flakes (I use a 50:50 mixture)
2 tbsp chia seeds
4 tbsp psyllium husk powder
1 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1½ cups water
1. Combine all dry ingredients and stir well.
2. Whisk together the maple syrup, oil and water.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry mix and stir well.
4. Spoon mixture into a loaf pan and press down firmly. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon.
5. Cover with cling film and allow to rest for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
6. Preheat oven to 175C.
7. Place loaf pan on the middle rack and bake for 20 minutes.
8. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes.
9. Let cool completely before slicing